Website University Corporation at Monterey Bay
University Corporation at Monterey Bay
Salary: $23.00 – $25.00 Hourly
Job Number: 2023-00035
Location: CSUMB Main Campus- Seaside, CA
Open Until Filled. Priority Screening Date: November 7, 2023This is a grant-funded position with funding through June 30, 2025.
The University Corporation at Monterey Bay is a non-profit institution that is related and affiliated with the California State University, Monterey Bay. The University Corporation at Monterey Bay is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) public benefits corporation that is a recognized auxiliary organization of California State University and was established in July 1994. The University Corporation’s mission is to further the educational purposes of the University. The University Corporation at Monterey Bay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a pluralistic university by hiring personnel with competencies and experience related to the regional and State Population. The University Corporation at Monterey is committed to a standard of excellence in the services it provides and in the quality of work expected of its employees.
The Program Assistant is responsible for competently performing the full range of varied, marketing, event management, and clerical/administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of the Institute for Innovation and Economic Development (iiED). Establishes and maintains an atmosphere of excellent internal and external customer service within the department, campus community, and the community at large.
Examples of Duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include. but are not limited to. the following:
• Collaborates in planning, coordinating communications, configuring technology, setting up registration, and coordinating staff and volunteers for virtual and in-person events, programs, and meetings.
• Respond to in-person, email, and phone inquiries.
• Manages communications, technology, and registration, for virtual and in-person events for the Startup Launchpad incubator.
• Collaborate in program and event marketing for the Institute through email, social media, print, web, & radio advertising.
• Schedule appointments and maintain multiple calendars for events.
• Drafts, tests, and publishes monthly iiED e-newsletters and other communications.
• Collaborates in the collection, management, and dissemination of Institute data.
• Utilizes computer software and systems to create, edit, compile, and translate data into reports.
• Maintains accurate & detailed databases through Neoserra, Mailchimp, and Google Drive platforms, etc.
• Assist in the assignment and review of tasks for student interns.
• Promotes and maintains an atmosphere of excellent internal and external customer service.
• Attends training workshops as needed.
• Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to verbally communicate to exchange information. May occasionally travel to other offices or locations to attend meetings/events or to pick up or deliver material. Ability to lift twenty-five (25) pounds, with or without assistance.
• On-Site Position
• Work Location: CSUMB Main Campus, 100 Campus Center, Seaside CA
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments. Thorough knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling; and of office systems and a broad range of technology, systems, and software packages. Strong organizational skills and experience working within a high-paced environment, requiring flexibility and quick responses. Experience working with diverse populations. Demonstrated ability to address the essential functions associated with this position, including the knowledge and abilities identified above.
Fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
Education and Experience:
The qualifications for this position may be demonstrated through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
• Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
• Ability to effectively handle a broad range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
• Ability to independently organize and plan work projects, including handling multiple priorities and troubleshooting unanticipated problems, in a busy environment.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, persuasive, and tactful manner. Ability to maintain confidential records.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a multicultural, diverse academic community.
Special Conditions of Employment
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the University Corporation. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current University Corporation employees who apply for the position.
This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
The University Corporation at Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. This position is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues. Our Equal Opportunity Policy Statement is available https://csumb.edu/corporation/personnel/.
Please note: University Corporation employment is separate and distinct from CSU Monterey Bay or State of California employment. University Corporation employees are not employees of either CSUMB or of the state of California.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S. The University Corporation is not a sponsoring agency for any positions.
University Corporation at Monterey Bay positions are “at-will” employment.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
The campus leadership has committed the resources needed to achieve an engaged, safe, and in-person experience. The health and safety of our community remain our highest priority, and we are confident that existing public health measures provide for a safe environment capable of delivering a complete college experience on the CSUMB campus. Being an Otter means caring for each other and doing your part to protect your community.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at https://csumb.edu/clery.
• This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
• This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA). The position is required to participate in training at the direction of the Clery Director and must also promptly report allegations of reportable crimes according to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, its accompanying regulations; the California State Education Code, Chapter 15.5, of the Donahoe Higher Education Act, Section 67380; and the California State University system-wide policy, Code EO 1107. CSAs are employees whose job duties fall into one of the following categories:
• Work in a campus police or security department
• Are responsible for campus security
• Are designated as the contact for reporting criminal offenses
• Have significant responsibility for student and campus activities
Special License or Certifications and Conditions:
• Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University’s liability coverage.
• May require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
• Questions can be sent to: https://email@example.com.
Compensation and Benefits:SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University Corporation is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students, and the customers we serve. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department’s fiscal resources. Our salary schedule is available https://csumb.edu/corporation/personnel/.
The hourly hiring range for this position is $23.00 – $25.00. Classification: Grade 3, Staff. This is a non-exempt position and as such is eligible for the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. The Corporation offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, contributory retirement plan, TSA (403b), and other benefits. Please review our https://d2jtc9c99zuy7w.cloudfront.net/wkUFFNMTNm0BW2D5pmgj_607433895%20UCorp%202021%20Benefits%20at%20a%20Glance%2020%2003.pdf https://get.adobe.com/reader/ for details about sick time, vacation, and holidays.
The University Corporation at Monterey Bay also provides access to affordable campus housing: https://csumb.edu/corporation/employee-housing
Although CSUMB is located in a high-cost housing area, Schoonover Park rental homes are affordably priced. Monthly rent rates include cable television, garbage service, and sewer. Convenient floorplans, attractive interior appointments, and numerous community amenities make Schoonover Park Rental Homes an exceptional value. Schoonover Park is near the main campus, yet a tranquil world away. The community lies nestled in the secluded beauty of rolling coastal hills three miles east of campus. Living in one of the most desirable areas of California, you will enjoy the natural splendor and cultural abundance of the Monterey Peninsula. Quality of life begins with your home in Schoonover Park and extends through every aspect of your California coastal lifestyle. https://www.schoonoverparkapartments.com/
How to Apply: All prospective applicants must apply online. You must complete the entire application for submission. We only accept applications for the open positions listed. Please do not fax or mail in a printed version of the electronic applications or a resume in lieu of an application. If you are having difficulty applying or need assistance, please call (831) 582-3389. All positions are open until filled. The completed online application and resume must be submitted by 5:00 pm PST on the priority screening date. Applications received after this date will be reviewed at the discretion of the Corporation.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The Corporation is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4729083
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.