Website Healing Partners of the Central Coast
Hands. Hearts. Healing
Status: Part Time, Nonexempt (20 hrs per week) @ $40/hr; Work-from-Home
Supervisor: Executive Director
Direct Reports: None
Healing Partners of the Central Coast is looking for a work-from-home, energetic, heart-centered, creative and collaborative, multitasker, and experienced, successful development professional to help build the financial stability of a young, but growing nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, healing and wholeness.
Preferred knowledge and Competencies:
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with ability to work independently and efficiently.
Ability to collaborate with colleagues across the organization, and be flexible to respond to changing priorities.
Capability to establish rapport with donors, corporate, and business sponsors, foundations and to build donor base.
Creative, strong planning, organizational, and implementation skills to plan, and oversee fundraising goals
General computer proficiency, and competence with office software, with research abilities to increase donor base.
Public presentation capabilities to engage small or large groups of participants, volunteers, and donors.
Experience with fiscal planning, forecasting, and budgeting preferred.
Experience with a previous nonprofit preferred.
1. Develop, manage and build individual donor base; identify and pursue corporate sponsors and foundation prospects. Work with ED and Fundraising Committee to develop strategies for increasing all levels of donors. Conduct prospect research to diversify and grow the pipeline of funders. Prepare for and participate in funder meetings, helping to maintain relationships with current donors and foster relations with prospective donors.
2. In conjunction with Fundraising Committee and ED, identify which grant opportunities to pursue. Develop relationships with funders. With support from Controller, provide grants team with all relevant data points. Oversee development and submission of foundation grants and reports to grantor in accordance with deadlines. Coordinate with Grants Team to maintain grant databases and files, including maintaining contacts and tracking donations, report due dates, and grant pipelines. Develop an annual narrative as the basis for writing grants each year with pertinent data points required by various foundations.
3. Collaborate with ED and Controller to establish income and expense budgets for individual donor, corporate sponsorships, and foundation grant goals.
4. Attend monthly board meetings as needed. In collaboration with ED, prepare fundraising and development metrics to be presented to Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
5. Develop and maintain a media contact list.