Young Adult Programs
Launch Your Career with Monterey County Cadre!
Trying to figure out your next move? The Monterey County Cadre program is designed to help you ditch the confusion and identify your career path and secure your next job.
Here’s why you should check it out:
- Real Work, Real Pay: Earn a real wage while gaining real-world work experience by tackling meaningful projects that impact your community.
- Level Up Your Skills: Sharpen your teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills. Become the go-to teammate employers crave.
- Build Your Network: Connect with a supportive community of young professionals. Share experiences, bounce ideas off each other, and watch your job network grow.
- Make an Impact: Your work with the Cadre will directly address critical issues like climate change and food insecurity. Feel good while doing good – it’s a win-win!
- Teamwork Makes the Dream Work: Our unique Cadre structure means you’ll learn from and support each other. This collaborative environment is a launchpad for personal and professional growth.
The Monterey County Cadre program is for you if you:
- Are 18-24 years old (unless otherwise noted).
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Want to gain experience but may not have much yet.
- Come from a low-income background.
- Are ready to step up and make a difference.
Don’t let uncertainty hold you back. Visit any one of the Cadre programs links to see how you can kickstart your career with purpose!
Community: We will provide you with tools and resources to inspire you to become involved in your community.
Advocacy: We will teach you how to advocate for yourself and others.
Diversity: We will provide you with experiences where you work with and learn from people different from you, thus allowing you to expand your worldview.
Resilience: We will teach you how to leverage your relationships and the talents of your fellow Cadre participants to increase your resilience.
Empowerment: We will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow through active engagement, mentoring, and self-development.
Monterey County Career Connections
In Monterey County, we bring together training providers and business professionals to provide work-based learning opportunities that lead to fulfilling careers. Our focus areas include community service, technology, healthcare, and leadership training to enrich your skills and prepare you for the workforce. We’re here to support you in your journey to finding a great job and growing your career.
Monterey County Career Connections is all about helping young adults, ages 18-24, thrive in the world of work and providing you with those skills for your future success.
It’s all about YOU in our program! We start by getting to know your goals, interests, and challenges so we can create a customized plan just for you.
Education and Training
Whether you’re looking to finish high school, go to college, or learn a trade, we’ve got the educational and training options to help you reach your full potential.
You’ll also get real-world experience through internships and job placements. We’ll connect you with employers who are excited to help you grow.
We get that life can be tough sometimes. That’s why we offer support like help with transportation, interview outfits, and more to make sure nothing stands in the way of your success.
Mentorship and Leadership
Join other like-minded young adults and mentors to develop your leadership skills and make an impact on issues through community service projects that actually make a difference.