Website University Corporation at Monterey Bay
Project Assistant, MAESTROs
University Corporation at Monterey Bay
Salary: $20.00 – $22.00 Hourly
Job Number: 2024-00004
Location: CSUMB Main Campus- Seaside, CA
Department: Liberal Studies
Open Until Filled. Priority Screening Date: February 20, 2024.
This is a 40hrs per week benefited position. Renewed annually depending upon continued grant funding.
The University Corporation at Monterey Bay is a non-profit institution that is related and affiliated with the California State University, Monterey Bay. The University Corporation at Monterey Bay is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) public benefits corporation that is a recognized auxiliary organization of California State University and was established in July 1994. The University Corporation’s mission is to further the educational purposes of the University. The University Corporation at Monterey Bay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a pluralistic university by hiring personnel with competencies and experience related to the regional and State Population. The University Corporation at Monterey is committed to a standard of excellence in the services it provides and in the quality of work expected of its employees.
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM SUMMARYThe Making Accessible and Effective Systems for Teacher Readiness Outcomes (MAESTROs) Project aimsto improve retention and completion rates for Hispanic and low-income students on the academic pathway tobecome teachers, and prepare these students for urgent local and statewide teacher workforce needs. TheMAESTROs Project Assistant will report to the MAESTROs Project Manager, and to the Project Director,the Principal Investigators of the CSUMB Title 5 HSI Grant, funded by the U.S. Department of Education.
POSITION SUMMARYUnder the general supervision of the MAESTROs Project Manager and Project Director, this position isresponsible for providing specialized and complex administrative support and coordination functions for theCSUMB Title 5 HSI Education Grant, funded by the U.S. Department of Education. The MAESTROs ProjectAssistant must demonstrate initiative, problem solving, financial reporting, and decision-making skills.
Examples of Duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include. but are not limited to. the following:
• Monitors and tracks program expenditures in accordance with University policies and procedures.
• Enters payroll expenses and operating expenditures into budget spreadsheets, reconciling with financial system expense reports, including trial balance reports.
• Monitors expenses against budget and maintains balances and information.
• Maintains essential records, tracking systems and financial reports (budgets).
• Coordinates with Grants & Contracts office, accounting, purchasing, Financial Aid and University Corporation Human Resources departments to see that all financial transactions are processed correctly and in a timely manner.
• Reconciles monthly reports from the accounting office with internal tracking documents and regularly reports on budget status.
• Monitors and tracks technology loan contracts and devices.
• Provides direct comprehensive administrative support for the Project Manager and Project Director. This includes but is not limited to: managing the business calendar, business email; coordinating, scheduling and confirming appointments and meetings as requested.
• Assists Project Staff by coordinating and/or supporting all project activities. Assists in coordinating events, creating registration, flyers, posting on social media, marketing training, topical workshops, orientation and consultation events.
• Coordinates and oversees complex travel arrangements for project staff assuring that travel requests are accurately reported and submitted. Makes all travel arrangements including air travel, rental cars, hotel accommodations, prepares the travel claims and reimbursements upon return.
• Assists in the development of project infrastructure to accomplish the goals and objectives of the program. Including developing timelines and monitors completion of tasks, assisting in the development and implementation of a recruitment campaign, and providing support in the production of course materials.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Promotes and maintains an atmosphere of excellent internal and external customer service.
• Attends workshops, conferences, as needed.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to verbally communicate to exchange information.
• Hybrid Position
• 90% minimum in-office/on-site following the initial training period. Position location may change based on CSU expectations and department needs.
• Work Location: CSUMB Main Campus, 100 Campus Center, Seaside, CA
Due to COVID 19, this position may be approved to work remotely on a temporary basis, or may be required to physically work on campus. Work assignment locations are at the sole discretion of CSUMB and may be changed or revoked at any time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to perform business math, such as utilize excel/google sheets formulas to calculate/import data, track financial data, and make projections.
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
• Close attention to detail and a high level of organization are both essential.
• Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
• Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broad range of technology, systems, and packages. Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
• Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
• Ability to effectively handle a broad range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
• Ability to independently organize and plan work projects, including handling multiple priorities and troubleshooting unanticipated problems, in a busy environment.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, persuasive and tactful manner.
• Ability to maintain confidential student records.
• Ability to and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a multicultural, diverse academic community.
Specialized Skill Requirements
• Working with complex computer systems in a variety of platforms including the primary G Suite tools: Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Calendar, Google+, Sites, Hangouts, and Keep.
• Macintosh and/or PC computer/software skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Extensive experience with computers MAC/PC and fluency using standard software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
• Must be able to work flexible hours in support of job function
Education and Experience:
• Equivalent to three years of progressively increasing responsibility performed under supervision that involved supporting, monitoring and coordinating work through a system of internal procedures and internal controls to ensure the efficient operation of an organization.
• Education, year for year, may be used to satisfy the work requirement for up to two years of work experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the CSUMB Vision Statement and the core values of mutual respect, collaboration and service orientation, multiculturalism and diversity, community service and institutional excellence. Experience working with a diverse and multicultural population and performing community services; demonstrated technical literacy; demonstrated external relations/marketing capabilities. Spanish-English bilingual and bi-literacy skills.
Special Conditions of Employment
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the University Corporation. The University Corporation at Monterey Bay will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history pursuant to the California Fair Chance Act. You do not need to disclose your criminal history or participate in a background check until a conditional job offer is made to you. After making a conditional offer and running a background check, if the University Corporation at Monterey Bay is concerned about the conviction that is directly related to the job, you will be given the fair chance to explain the circumstances surrounding the conviction, provide mitigating evidence, or challenge the accuracy of the background report. Find out more about the Fair Chance Act by visiting the Civil Rights Department Fair Chance Act https://calcivilrights.ca.gov/fair-chance-act/.
This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
The University Corporation at Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. This position is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues. Our Equal Opportunity Policy Statement is available https://csumb.edu/corporation/personnel/.
Please note: University Corporation employment is separate and distinct from CSU Monterey Bay or State of California employment. University Corporation employees are not employees of either CSUMB or of the state of California.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S. The University Corporation is not a sponsoring agency for any positions.
University Corporation at Monterey Bay positions are “at-will” employment.
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
The campus leadership has committed the resources needed to achieve an engaged, safe, and in-person experience. The health and safety of our community remain our highest priority, and we are confident that existing public health measures provide for a safe environment capable of delivering a complete college experience on the CSUMB campus. Being an Otter means caring for each other and doing your part to protect your community.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at https://csumb.edu/clery.
Sensitive Positions – This position has been designated as a sensitive position with:
• authority to commit financial resources of the university through contracts greater than $10,000 access to, or control over, cash, checks, credit cards, and/or credit card account information responsibility or access/possession of building master or sub-master keys for building access; access to controlled or hazardous substances
• access to and responsibility for detailed personally identifiable Level 1 confidential information about students, faculty, staff or alumni that is protected, personal or sensitive as defined in the CSU Information Security Data Classification Standards
• This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Education’s Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California’s Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
Special License or Certifications and Conditions:
• Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University’s liability coverage.
• May require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
Questions can be sent to: https://email@example.com.
Compensation and Benefits:The University Corporation is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students, and the customers we serve. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department’s fiscal resources. Our salary schedule is available https://csumb.edu/corporation/personnel/.
The hourly hiring range for this position is $20-$22 per hour. Classification: Grade 2, Staff. This is a non-exempt position and as such is eligible for the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. The Corporation offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, contributory retirement plan, TSA (403b), and other benefits. Please review our https://drive.google.com/file/d/16D-fzYJbRtI-vkukKoGLIsfb4ikbOZpF/view?usp=sharing for details about sick time, vacation, and holidays.
The Corporation also offers access to CSUMB’s Faculty & Staff Meal Plans, which offers convenience, value, flexibility, to our all-you-can-to-eat dining commons, showcasing eight brand new dining concepts for an affordable price.
The University Corporation at Monterey Bay also provides access to affordable campus housing: https://csumb.edu/corporation/employee-housing
Although CSUMB is located in a high-cost housing area, Schoonover Park rental homes are affordably priced. Monthly rent rates include cable television, garbage service, and sewer. Convenient floorplans, attractive interior appointments, and numerous community amenities make Schoonover Park Rental Homes an exceptional value. Schoonover Park is near the main campus, yet a tranquil world away. The community lies nestled in the secluded beauty of rolling coastal hills three miles east of campus. Living in one of the most desirable areas of California, you will enjoy the natural splendor and cultural abundance of the Monterey Peninsula. Quality of life begins with your home in Schoonover Park and extends through every aspect of your California coastal lifestyle. https://www.schoonoverparkapartments.com/
How to Apply:All prospective applicants must apply online. You must complete the entire application for submission. We only accept applications for the open positions listed. Please do not fax or mail in a printed version of the electronic applications or a resume in lieu of an application. If you are having difficulty applying or need assistance, please call (831) 582-3389. All positions are open until filled. The completed online application and resume must be submitted by 5:00 pm PST on the priority screening date. Applications received after this date will be reviewed at the discretion of the Corporation.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The Corporation is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action employer seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. We value and celebrate diversity in all its forms and strive to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion. We consider qualified applicants for employment for their anticipated contributions and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4979852
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.